Would you like to join our team?
Benefits of working at Pearcelegal Limited:
- Working for a well-established and well-respected legal firm that has been in operation for over 40 years
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Access to the BHSF scheme
- Access to a wellbeing provider focusing on mental, physical and nutritional health
- 23 days holiday per year, with one extra day for each five year period of employment completed
- Friendly, supportive working environment
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced conveyancing assistant to join our busy team. The role is permanent, full-time (9.00am to 5.15pm, Monday to Friday) and is office based.
Duties will include:
- Providing full support to the Fee Earners to enable them to operate efficiently
- Preparing correspondence and documents using in-house software and digital audio dictation
- Administering filing systems which will include daily photocopying and filing
- Opening, closing, storage and retrieval of closed client files
- Attending clients both in person and on the telephone in a friendly and professional manner
- Keeping all files and documentation up to date by scanning and filing onto in-house software
- Preparing quotes using Perfect Portal software
- Preparing Land Registry applications
- Preparing SDLT forms
- Ordering searches using in-house software
- Preparing completion statements
- Dealing with completions and post-completion matters
- Completing ad-hoc admin requests from the fee earners and partners
- To provide support to other secretaries when required to do so
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have responsibility toward self-development
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and clients’ documentation and information at all times
- Have excellent knowledge and experience of residential conveyancing processes and procedures
- Demonstrate initiative and be able to undertake searches, ID checks and other work on files without dictation.
- Possess high levels of speed and accuracy.
- Have a good telephone manner and be comfortable speaking with clients both on the telephone and in person.
- Be highly organised, methodical and adaptable.
- Have excellent and demonstrable IT skills particularly with the Microsoft Office suite and internet applications. Previous experience of case management software would be an advantage
- Extremely good team working ability, able to support wherever needed
- Excellent time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
- Ability to offer adaptability and flexibility in the working environment
- Understanding and knowledge of both GDPR and AML
In return we can offer you the opportunity to work within a friendly team with excellent progression opportunities for the right person, a competitive salary and other benefits.
To apply for this role please email your CV with a covering letter to [email protected] The closing date for applications is Monday 1st November 2021.
Expert advice for you Book a free consultation
The team at Pearcelegal will be delighted to discuss your legal matters and give you a no-obligation quote.